Search This Blog


Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wow - What An Uplifting Week!


For the past three days, I have been at the Oklahoma FFA State Convention as a parent sponsor. This year is my daughter, Lauren's first year in FFA, so it was neat getting to go along with her and the other 23 Tipton FFA members. I counted up today and will have the opportunity to go for the next 18 years straight. Then I'll have grandkids in FFA, too! So, it looks my relationship with the FFA is just beginning!

I've mentioned before that the FFA (and 4-H) teaches Biblical values. I knew that before I ever attended an FFA Convention, but am even more convinced now. It is truly an amazing organization, and I am thankful to have had the opportunity to attend. It was refreshing to see how the FFA was not afraid to allow God to be mentioned by the speakers, by the leaders, and by the songs that were sung.

There were many great speakers during the event, but last night's speaker was probably the very best. His name was Dave Roever. Maybe you have heard of him before, but if not, please take the time to visit his website at http://www.daveroever.org/ . Dave told the story of being in the Vietnam war and a grenade went off while still in his hand. He was severely injured, but thankfully lived to tell his story. He travels all around the world to encourage others. He was humorous at times and even blunt about some things teenagers (and adults) may be facing. But, the most important thing he did was stand for Biblical principles, such as honesty, trustworthiness, fidelity, love, kindness, caring, citizenship/patriotism, purity, abuse of body (alcohol, drugs) and many more. His story is truly amazing.

God and Jesus were both glorified during the Oklahoma State FFA Convention this week. Thanks, FFA!

“Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." Matthew 10:32-33

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

that is neat. I don't think I realized that it encouraged that!

 
Pin It button on image hover