Search This Blog


Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Can I Tell It To Dad?"


Last week we were eating lunch. All six of us were at the table. Jacob began telling me a story about his birthday party last year. He and a friend were on the front porch eating their cake and ice cream. The friend said, "Jacob, I dare you to push my face in my cake." Jacob took the dare and smashed his face into the cake! Then Jacob said to the friend, "Do it to me." And, the friend smashed Jacob's face into the cake! Then Jacob said they went inside and washed their faces off.

Hearing this story, I was amazed, really. I'm usually pretty perceptive about what's going on around here....especially during a birthday party....and especially with eight third grade boys here at the time for a sleep over!

I said, "Jacob, that really isn't the kind of story a mom wants to hear."
Jacob replied, "Then can I tell it to Dad?"

I had just told Jacob a "Mom" wouldn't want to hear that type of story and he asks if he can tell it to "Dad"!....even though his Dad was right there hearing the whole thing! I have been accused of not being as much fun as my husband...maybe that's why (hee hee).

This story makes me think of a question the preacher of our Gospel Meeting talked about this week. Instead of asking "How close is too close?" in regards to sin, we should be asking, "What is the wise thing for me to do?" Sometimes we want to get right up close to sin, when we should flee from it. Satan uses all kinds of tactics to draw us away from God. Let's strive to do what is wise.

Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it. Proverbs 8:33

Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7b


No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover