Search This Blog


Thursday, April 16, 2009

God - Our Protector


This is Lucy. She is a Great Pyrenees and serves as a guard dog for some of our goats. Lucy is friendly and will let us pet her, but is very protective of the goats, especially the little ones. One of the little goats had to have a shot last week. My husband said Lucy cried the whole time he was working with the little goat. Isn't that sweet?


These little goats just lie around and jump up and down on the hay bales. They even get on Lucy and play on top of her. They don't know she's there to guard them. They sense no danger.


Unfortunately, sometimes there is danger. Little foxes like to sneek up during the night and get baby goats. We saw several last spring and occassionally a little goat would disappear. But, not since Lucy has been around! She is doing her job by protecting the goats.

Sometimes we are like these little goats...completely unaware of danger that may be lurking nearby. But we read in the Bible that Satan trys to snatch us - catch us off guard. He wants to harm us - just like the predators that try to get baby goats. 1 Peter 5:8 says, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

But God is ready to protect us. As Christians, He is our Shepherd. He is willing and able to help us, if we will rely on Him.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear...Psalm 46:1-2a

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3

Thank you, God, for protecting me and strengthening me - even when I don't realize I'm in danger.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Those are adorable pics and make your point so well!

 
Pin It button on image hover