Search This Blog


Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - "I Need A Counselor"

A few days ago my husband and I were in our laundry room. Biscuit came in there and, out of the blue, said, "I need to talk to the counselor." My husband and I quickly looked at each other, a little in shock, but a little amused, too. Hubby asked Biscuit, "Why do you need to talk to the counselor?". Biscuit responded extremely confidently, "Because of how smart I am."

Well, if you'll remember from the last Chronicles of Biscuit, his brothers "learned him all he knows", so it isn't any wonder he feels that he has a "problem" in this area! However, what Biscuit doesn't realize is that his problem very well may be a "pride" issue and not an "intellegence" issue.

Hubby and I could hardly contain our laughter, but didn't want to make fun of him, either. I told Biscuit I would talk to the counselor and see what she could do about him needing to speak with her. I called her, but couldn't get her that evening, so decided to just let it go. However, today Biscuit said that he tried to talk to the counselor on Friday and wasn't able to, so he hasn't forgotten. We've decided to just let it play out and see what happens. I'll keep you posted!

Although there may be times when we, as Christians, need to talk to someone about a problem or struggle we have, God should be our ultimate source for strength and comfort. His Word should be our guide to what is good and true. His Son should be our Savior. His Spirt be our Counselor.

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. "All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:23-27

Have a great week!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover