Search This Blog


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Have Always Wanted A Pond!


I have always wanted a pond in our little field by our house. I've thought it would be neat, and have pictured it having ducks, too. A family pond would bring lots of family fun, plus perfect scenery for family fun and pictures! Well, this morning I heard from my husband that we DO have a pond! In fact, several of them all around our house.

I'm in Oklahoma City for the state FFA Convention (which has been awesome, by the way!), so by the time I get home tomorrow night, my "pond" may not still be there. Because we've needed rain for so long, the dry ground may soak it all up! Two of these new "ponds" are really fields for our goats.


We have had flooding in Tipton before, but it's been a long time since it's been like this - about 13 years if I'm remembering correctly.


Many in Tipton have been praying for rain for a long time, and last night God answered our prayers. Thank you, God! Of course, with the abundance of rain, there have been some problems, due to flooding. The biggest problem for us, personally, is that, unfortunately, seven goats have drowned in the very deep water. My husband waded out knee-deep in the water to check on them, and thankfully the other goats had moved up to dry ground. Most of the goats were babies, many that I have shown pictures of or mentioned in posts before. One nanny and her two-day-old twins died. My husband thinks she was staying nearby her babies trying to protect them. How sweet!


Flooding makes me think of Noah and the ark, of course. Someone back home did comment that animals were seen going 2 by 2 down Broadway in Tipton, but I'm not sure I believe that(hee hee)!
I'm thankful for God's promise: "I establish my covenant with you: "Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth," Genesis 9:11.

By the way, did you know some even went 7 by 7 in the Bible? Read here to see for yourself: Genesis 7:2-3!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover