Search This Blog


Monday, April 27, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - "I Want Thin Ears!"

A few weeks ago Biscuit was talking and he said, "I want thin ears!". I didn't hear the "thin" part (one of his siblings later told me) and so I asked him what he said. He grabbed the sides of his ears and pulled them out and said, "See, like this." Then he pushed them down and said, "I want them like this." His oldest brother, Zachary, thinking it would help Biscuit feel better, explained that it was because of his glasses that his ears stuck out. Momma wasn't too pleased about the "help" Zachary was trying to give and shot him a "don't-say-anything-else" look! I sure didn't want Biscuit thinking his glasses were causing an ear problem.

I told Biscuit that his ears were just fine and that God made him just the way he is. I also told him that his aunt Kimberly had recently said how much he looks like his twin uncles, James and Dan. Well, you would have thought that was the best thing in the world that could have ever happened to Biscuit! He was extremely honored that someone thought he looked like his uncles!

A few days ago, Biscuit's great-uncle, also named James, said the exact same thing - that Biscuit looks like James and Dan. Well, that made Biscuit even prouder! We had never really thought about it before, but he really does look like his two uncles, as you can see in this picture. (James - left/ Dan - right) They were around Biscuit's age when this was taken.
I am thankful Biscuit has James and Dan, plus many more uncles to look up to as role models. They are leaders and servants of God as preachers, deacons, an elder, and a youth minister.

In 1 Corinthians 11:1, Paul told the Corinthian church: "Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ." (NASV) Other versions say "Follow my example." We strive to be good role models for Biscuit, but I am very thankful that he also has great role models in his extended family. He can imitate them because they are imitating Christ.

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Love it....and don't tell Biscuit, but Dan has always complained about his ears!

 
Pin It button on image hover