Search This Blog


Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - "Jesus Didn't Have An Attitude!"



Update on "Counseling Session": Well, Biscuit had his last "counseling" session scheduled for last Thursday. Right before he went in, his daddy asked him what he was going to talk about. Biscuit said, "I don't know. You got anything?". His daddy said, "Animals". So, Biscuit and the counselor talked about animals...and, the counselor gave him beads....and that's the end of the counseling sessions!

The Chronicles of Biscuit: I've been really busy writing a Bible lesson for a workshop where I will speaking in May. I was discussing my outline with my husband and our daughter. Biscuit was in the room with us. My lesson is "Who Do You Imitate?" and I was telling my husband that I was going to use the points "Jesus' Walk, Jesus' Talk, Jesus' Actions, Jesus' Attitude"..., but before I could finish the rest of my list, Biscuit blurted out, "Mom, Jesus didn't have an attitude!" He was very annoyed that I had said such a thing. We laughed a little and explained to Biscuit that EVERYONE has an attitude, it is just either a "good" attitude or a "bad" attitude.

The word attitude isn't meant to be negative, although many use it that way in today's language. According to the Merriam Webster dictionary, the word "attitude" means "an internal position or feeling with regard to something else."

As Christians, our attitudes should have changed from what they were before we became Christians."You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off the old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds." Ephesians 4:22

Philippians 2:5 says, “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.”

Yes, Jesus did have an attitude, Biscuit. We all do. But, Jesus had a good - no, a perfect attitude - and he left for us an example to read about and strive to imitate. (Read Philippians 2:1-11 to find out more about Jesus' attitude.)

Let's all strive to "Have an attitude" just like Jesus this week!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover