Search This Blog


Friday, July 17, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - "That's the Way God Made Me!"

We've been on vacation for a few days. Last night at the hotel we were all trying to go to sleep and Biscuit kept talking. I had asked him to stop, but he didn't. I said, "Tyler (Biscuit) why do you keep talking when I asked you to stop?" Biscuit replied, "That's the way God made me. You can't change what God made." Well! He does have a point! God did make him and God did make him very unique and part of that uniqueness includes his "spirit", which sometimes gets him in trouble.

I know why Biscuit said this to me. Any time he asks me a question about why he can do something, can't do something, or why he has to wear glasses, my response is "God made you that way." Even though that response backfired on me because of his response, it's still true - God did make him that way.

Even though there are things that I can't change about Biscuit, as the mom, I have the responsibility to discipline and instruct him and teach him how to have self-control. I did my job and Biscuit got quiet and was asleep within about five minutes.

Train up a child in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6
Thank you, God, for children and their spirit!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I think it's cool that he talks about God that way! You guys are doing somethin' right!

 
Pin It button on image hover