Search This Blog


Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thank You, Lauren & Jacob...and Joe!

Sorry - this isn't a devotional post, but just a special one to me. This post is a "Thank You" to Lauren and Jacob and also to my husband, Joe.

I like doing things spontaneously. It's fun and exciting! I spent yesterday morning cleaning and organizing. The kids and I had a late breakfast and also a late lunch since we've been sleeping later this summer. My plan was to get everything done around the house yesterday because today Tyler, Zachary and I were going to Oklahoma City (OKC) for Tyler's eye check-up.(See this post for more about Tyler's eye history). However, yesterday afternoon, all of a sudden, we decided to go on to OKC one day early for the appointment. We got our things together quickly and left around 4:00 p.m.

It was fun getting to stay the night with my husband's brother and our sister-in-law and their family in Edmond. We had a several places we needed/wanted to go in OKC so going up early gave us several extra hours last night and a few this morning. We didn't get home until almost 7:00 p.m. tonight....just in time for the monthly second-Wednesday singing worship services.

While we were gone, Lauren and Jacob did some cleaning and straightening. My husband helped out with some of it, too. Lauren has enjoyed helping around the house this summer and has learned to cook more than she ever had before. This morning she made Jacob pancakes for breakfast and quesadillas for lunch. Tonight they warmed up left-overs, but when we arrived home the kitchen was totally clean! Yea!! It's fun watching her learn to cook more and also to see her becoming interested in doing house work - without being asked to do it. (I wonder if this will carry on throughout her college years?????)

I told Lauren and Jacob that maybe I should leave more often! It was nice to come home and the house actually be cleaner and straighter when I got home than it was when I left. I think they enjoyed the time their daddy was at work today and they had the house to themselves! It's the impression I got when I told them we were on our way home and Lauren said, "Oh, already?" I forgive her for that....(ha!ha!). I understand them wanting to be at home with just the two of them. It's a lot quieter with only two people here - a lot quieter than when all six of us are home!

Thanks, Lauren, Jacob, and Joe. I appreciate you very much!

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Note #1: Thankfully, Tyler's vision is great and his eye pressures are good! Thank you, God!

Note #2: I took the time to write a post yesterday before I left and it was scheduled to post last night. However, apparently the scheduling feature in Blogger isn't working again and it didn't post. It's the first time I've missed posting since late February! I was able to post it from the Apple store in the mall today, though - which is pretty neat!

Zachary and Tyler really liked the Apple store - playing with the laptop computers, iPhones, and other gadgets. When I called home around 12:30 p.m., I asked Lauren what time they woke up this morning. She said a phone call woke her up, but Jacob was already awake. They didn't answer it because it said, "Apple". I said, "Zachary, did you call our house from the Apple store this morning?". Zachary replied, "OOPS!"....then started laughing!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover