Search This Blog


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - HUGS THAT FILL YOU UP!

Every morning as our four children wake up, I give them a "good morning" hug. A few days ago only the three boys were up. I hugged them one at a time as each of them woke up, but couldn't remember if I had already hugged Jacob or not. I said, "Jacob, did I already hug you?" He said, "No." As I was hugging Jacob, Biscuit said, "Mom, come hug me." I said, "I already hugged you." Biscuit replied, "I need another one. That one didn't fill me up!". I thought that was really cute!

The love that parents show their children creates a very strong bond that will last forever. That love is shown by caring for their physical needs, their emotional needs, and their spiritual needs. Those daily hugs are only one part of what children need to be "filled up". The love God and Jesus have for us is an even stronger bond than that of a parent and child. It's more than we could ever imagine! Look at this passage and see what Paul told the Christians at the church in Ephesus:

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17b-19

I am grateful for hugs that "fill up" all four of my children. I am also grateful for the love God and Jesus have given me.

What are you grateful for today? For more on this Gratituesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers.

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

very cute!

Amy Lynne said...

We're a hugging family too! I don't think they'll ever be too full for another hug.

Carrie said...

At our house we have loves and kisses throughout everyday. The term 'loves' comes from my Grandma. I think that we filled her up with all the loves we gave and still give her - even if is is only over the phone. I am grateful to be able to carry on her legacy of family love! Four generations of 'loves'!!!

 
Pin It button on image hover