Search This Blog


Friday, July 24, 2009

Back to School?? Already??

I'm getting a little sad that it's almost time for school to start. No offense to any of you who are teachers, (my mom's a retired teacher) but I don't like school any more than my four kids do! I really only like the extra-curricular things of it, like sports, 4-H, FFA, livestock shows, academic teams, Christmas parties, and such.

A lot of parents like getting back into the routine of school, and I do understand why they do. I also understand that for those who have to find childcare during the summer, it is much, much easier for them when school starts. But I just don't like the schedule-keeping and the super-fast pace during the year....and I don't care for the homework, either!

But, I know I shouldn't complain, and I need to have a good attitude for my kids. (That's why I'm telling you instead of them - ha ha!) Actually they've told me not to even mention the word "school" to them! I guess one of them read our weekly town paper were a little "offended" that the school supply list was in there and told the others about it! And so then today Tyler started crying because he doesn't want to go to first grade because he thinks his new teacher is going to be "mean". (That part makes me happy because I know if other kids think a teacher is "mean" then she or he is strict! And that's what I want!)

Our family always feels this way at this time of year and by the end of August, when we're back into the regular school routine, we're just fine. I know it will be that way this year, as well.

Until then I'll just work on my attitude about it and remember to "Shine Like Stars" ...without complaining....

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." Philippians 2:14-15

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover