Search This Blog


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

There's Somethin' Fishy Goin' On!

Well, at least today there was!


My mom went to Lubbock, TX, to visit my sister and her family for the week. My dad was off work for Memorial Day, so he asked if our kids wanted to go fishing.


The three boys fished all afternoon with their dad and grandpa. Sorry, there's no picture of "Grandpa". He's not too keen on pictures of himself on the computer for the whole world to see!



Their fish bait for today? WEINERS! They happened to be Oscar Mayer beef weiners, left over from the kindergarten graduation party last week. Wonder if the fish are picky about their weiners???



Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay around to get pictures of the fish they caught. My daughter and I were working on VBS, which starts tomorrow. But, I also missed out on the two snakes they saw....kinda glad I missed that!



The boys had a great time today. It was a relaxing day and they enjoyed being surrounded by nature.

And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:20-21

Thank you, God, for the beautiful world you created for us!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I will never forget going fishing with Dan, Joe and Sharon and Joe taking the guts out of the fish! It was about 3 feet long, and he threw it back in the pond. :0

 
Pin It button on image hover