Search This Blog


Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Good Shepherd

Last night when my daughter and I arrived home after cleaning up after a banquet, we heard the cry of little goats. It had been raining a lot, so we mentioned the crying to my husband.


He went out in the field and found seven little babies seperated from their mommas and surrounded by water. Because we recently lost six babies and a momma due to flooding, he wasn't going to leave them there and let them try to find their way out. They were wet and tired and probably hungry. Unfortunately, some of the first-time mommas don't take care of their babies as good as they should and they weren't trying to help them. So, my husband brought all seven babies to our garage!


The little babies were towel dried and blow dried, then sent back to their mommas. Thankfully, all seven of them were alive and well this morning!


A good shepherd takes care of his sheep....or in my husband's case...goats!! My husband will go out in the rain and mud to help his goats. I'm certain he wouldn't lay down his life for his goats, though.

We have a good shepherd - JESUS!! And as His children, we are His sheep. And our good shepherd did lay down His life for us!

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John 10:11

By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. 1 John 3:16a

Thank you, God, for the gift of Your Son, Jesus, who is our Good Sheperd and who was willing to lay down His life for us.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover