Search This Blog


Sunday, May 17, 2009

THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR

I cried to the LORD with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill.
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustained me.
Psalm 3:4-5

I'm tired. You may be tired, too. The end of the school year is a very busy time for students, parents, teachers and many others. At these times, it's easy to get too busy for God. Obligations, schedules, and deadlines bombard us and strive to become first in our life - ahead of everything else. And they will become first, if we allow them to.

Most of my tiredness comes from self-imposed obligations of things I commit to - things I enjoy doing, such as decorating for high school graduation (which I just got home from!) and feeding the teachers at the elementary and secondary school (breakfast in the morning). Someone else could decorate. The teacher's wouldn't have to be treated (it's a late Teacher's Appreciation celebration hosted by the PTO). I choose to do these things and the consequence is tiredness right now.

And this blog....another self-imposed "obligation". But you know what? This blog makes me search for scriptures that have to do with what I want to say. It gets me more into God's Word, even if for just a short little post. It also may encourage someone else, which is my goal. So, tired or not, I always look forward to sitting here and writing. It gets my mind off of my to-do list and focused on God and a scripture or group of scriptures, even if for just a little while.

The verse above is especially meaningful tonight because, just as it says, later I will be able to rest and in the morning I will wake up and the Lord will have sustained me, yet again!

Good night......ooops, I mean, off to the kitchen!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover