Search This Blog


Monday, May 4, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - Biscuit, the Preacher!

For today's Gratituesday, hosted by Heavenly Homemakers, I am grateful for "Biscuit". Biscuit is the nickname for our youngest child, Tyler. I am grateful for him because he makes people smile and laugh! Laughter is the best medicine, you know!

The Chronicles of Biscuit:
Last week I was listening to a sermon on the computer. The preacher was talking about walking in God's steps and in Jesus' steps. Biscuit and I were the only ones home and he heard that part of the sermon. He said, "Mom, I'm going to go preach." I said, "Okay. What are you going to preach about?" He said, "Walking in Jesus' steps." He left and went and put on brown pants, a blue shirt, and a red tie. He was ready to preach! I turned off the sermon to listen to him. First he sang, "Seek Ye First", then "We Shall Assemble". He prayed. Then he began his "sermon":

"Paul followed God's steps - Jesus' steps. Who cares about Nike footballs? Who cares about Nike shoes? Who cares about that stuff? You should follow in God's steps...in your parents....your brothers...your sisters. Who cares about sports? Why do they play on Sunday and Wednesday? It hurts our feelings."

I was writing as fast I could to get everything he was saying. I didn't want to go down the hall to hear better because he might see me.

The sports things he said are interesting, especially since he himself has some sort of ballgame every day after school! Maybe he realizes, though, that ball should never be more important than God. I was also interested in how he said "it hurts our feelings". A few weeks ago my mom and I were visiting and I was showing her how to do something on the computer. Biscuit wanted to see something on the computer and I said, "Not now." He said, "You 1% hurt my feelings!" Just one percent??? I had 99% more to go, so didn't back down.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I have a little preacher here in my home? If he follows in the path of a granddad, his daddy (part-time) and uncles and cousins, he very well may be.

I wonder, too, do we hurt God's feelings? Most likely we do - all of us - when we sin. And I would imagine it's a lot more than 1%, don't you think?

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

what a fun kid! isn't it amazing the things they pick up on?

 
Pin It button on image hover