Search This Blog


Sunday, May 3, 2009

Do You Like Leftovers?

Note: Be sure to vote on the new fun poll: What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Do you like to eat leftovers? While I do like many leftover foods, some just don't taste very good to me. Some foods (in my opinion) do actually taste better the second time around, but most do not. I enjoy making up new recipes using leftovers - maybe it's trying to disguise them so my children will eat them! Sometimes the new recipe works. Sometimes it doesn't. But leftovers can be great and make things easier.

I don't believe God likes leftovers. No, I believe God wants us to give to Him our very best, no matter what. He doesn't want the money that's left at the end of the month. He wants us to include Him in our financial planning and give to Him every week. In 1 Corinthians 16:1-2, Paul tells the early Christians, "Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week (Sunday), each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made."

God also does not want leftovers of our time, talents, and service. He wants us to serve Him with our very best - each and every day. Read the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30. The word "talents" used in that passage refers to money, but it can apply to every part of our Christian service.

No leftovers for God. Only sacrificial giving. Only sacrificial living. Give God your best!

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover