Search This Blog


Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - Miscommunication, Misunderstandings, and Babies...


I typically only do one
"Biscuit" post a week, but this is just too funny to wait until next week! I'll set the stage for you: Our oldest child, Lauren, is our only girl, followed by three boys, including the youngest, Biscuit. She has always wanted a little sister....and still does, even though she loves her brothers! The conversation being referred to below took place yesterday morning. I had to email Biscuit's teacher about something else, so to make sure she understood why Biscuit mentioned a baby, I also emailed this:

My email to the teacher, except I used his real name: "Biscuit said he told you we might be getting a baby today and that you didn't believe him. Actually, at breakfast, Lauren asked us to adopt a baby - from New Zealand! - and that was the discussion at breakfast. Biscuit seems to think that you can just go buy one - like at Walmart or something!! Lauren wants a sister. The rest of the breakfast discussion centered around the different countries, rather than the thought of actually adopting. If I wasn't 40 years old and Joe 46, we might consider it. I feel so sorry for little babies (and older ones, too) who don't have a home. Anyway, just wanted to clear that up!"

Reply email from the teacher except Tyler is changed to Biscuit: "Isn't that so funny about what kids hear or get out of conversations. Biscuit came up at breakfast and told me: "My mom wants to buy a baby from China today." I asked him what brought up that conversation and he told me he didn't know why you wanted one, but he didn't think he wanted a baby from that country. I was thinking from what Biscuit said that maybe you were sponsoring someone for a mission or something. I asked him if there was another country he liked and he said he'd have to think about it and get back to me! You just never know how they interpret things! That's a pretty good story to remember later on for him."

Actually...it's a great story for "The Chronicles of Biscuit"!!

You, know, this miscommunication and misunderstanding sounds very familiar, doesn't it? How many times do problems come into our lives due to miscommunication and/or misunderstanding? A lot and all of the time!

Thankfully, God is not the author of confusion, as we see in 1 Corinthians 14:33, "For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints." This scripture is talking about order in the church. God's Word tells us what to do. Humans are the ones who confuse things when they add or take away from God's Word.

I wonder where Biscuit thinks we bought him???

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover