Search This Blog


Thursday, March 26, 2009

SURPRISE, SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!


This past week has been full of surprises! Last week we were on Spring Break. My husband was going to take our four children, plus a nephew, to see a movie on Friday. I don't really like movies or TV much so didn't care to go. It's also a tradition for him to take them alone like that once or twice a year. I had shopped all day in Oklahoma City the day before, so didn't really have the need to shop while they were watching it, either. I was looking forward to staying home for an afternoon and cleaning and straightening up the house with it empty. I like doing that. I light candles and crank up the music and make a big party out of it...it's more fun that way!

Well, my husband informed me on Thursday evening that he HAD to get me to Wichita Falls the next day, which is where they were going to go to the movie (NOTE: For those who don't know, Tipton is a town of LESS THAN 1,000 people...we have no movie theater or much else for that matter!) I immediately figured it had something to do with my birthday, which was a week away (the 27th), but didn't know exactly what. I still wasn't too excited about going because I had looked forward to my day at home, but did, of course. When we got to Wichita Falls, we went to Olive Garden where my family was waiting. My sister, brother-in-law, their three children (who were visiting my parents from out of town), and my parents. They all had to drive 1 1/2 hours to be there. It was very special and an enjoyable surprise!

I mentioned in yesterday's post that my husband would be out of town until Saturday. Well, guess what?? He came home TODAY! Two days early! He surprised me because he didn't want to be gone on my birthday. He was last year because this workshop is every year at this time. He said this year was different because it's a milestone. Yes, it is. I'm turning 40 - in about an hour from now, actually!! Then he informed me that he is having me a party tomorrow night and family members (my parents and many from his side that live here or close) are coming. I can't believe my two oldest children kept that secret. It's a good thing he didn't tell the youngest two, though!

Surprises are fun and exciting, aren't they? They are fun to plan for others and they are fun to receive. Do you realize that God wants to surprise you? God's Word tells us in Ephesians 3:20-21, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21" He wants to surprise us by showing us just how much He can do through us. He wants to do more than we can ask for or even imagine! So, how can God surprise you today?

1 comment:

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Lori-
Happy Birthday, cousin! Hope you had a fabulous day with lots of family love.

 
Pin It button on image hover