Search This Blog


Friday, March 6, 2009

C.D.O.

I have given myself a new title: C.D.O. What does C.D.O. stand for, you ask? Chief Decorating Officer, of course!

Today was a celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday at Tipton Elementary, so I began this morning by decorating the gym for this event. After school was over, I came home for a few hours then went to Tipton Home to decorate for a teenage girls' manicure party. (Sounds like fun!)

Most people that know me know that I really enjoy decorating for parties, showers, weddings, and holidays. Decorating is one of my favorite things to do! I am asked to decorate for a lot of different things and always enjoy getting the opportunity to do so. It's not a paying job, but a for fun job. If I was getting paid, it would probably seem like work, don't you think? So, I just decided to give myself a title that sounded really important - C.D.O.! ;)

One thing about my new job title, though: Heaven doesn't need a C.D.O.! Heaven needs no decorating - God created it in the beginning and it was decorated perfectly from the start. In Revelation 21 and 22, Heaven is described as having streets of gold, pearly gates, and precious stones. Doesn't that sound beautiful? We can not even begin to image the splendor of Heaven! I don't know about you, but I look forward to living there someday and for eternity.

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. John 14:1-3

So, while I live here on earth, I am enjoying being a C.D.O. However, I do have a job opening, if anyone is interested. It's for C.U.O. - Cheif Undecorating Officer. That's the worst part!

Dear God, I thank you for preparing Heaven for us; For creating and decorating it in the very beginning. Thank you, too, for allowing us the opportunity through the blood of Jesus to live some day with you there for all of eternity.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 comment:

Brandi Sue said...

Decorating is fun! I enjoy it when it's for other people...I can't make choices for my own house haha. But I love to decorate for things at work and birthdays! If I lived in Tipton I would apply to be your C.D.A. (Chief Decorating Assistant) haha Keep up the good work! You do a great job as a C.D.O.!!!

 
Pin It button on image hover