Search This Blog


Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - They "Learned" Me All I Know!

Note: First of all, if you don't have your volume on, I invite you to turn it on. I added music and you might enjoy listening to it! I'm always excited when I actually figure out how to add something on the blog or do something "techy"...it's SO unlike me :). I also post a monthly fun poll. This month's poll will end on Tuesday, so be sure to vote if you haven't already.

Note #2: If you subscribe to my blog by email, you, of course, won't hear the music, so stop by and listen some time....and take time to vote, too!

And now to The Chronicles of Biscuit...
Last week my daughter, Lauren, had her first junior high softball game of the season. We drove up at the softball field. Biscuit asked, "How am I going to know what the score is when there is no scoreboard?". I said, "We will just have to ask someone what the score is." Biscuit reasoned, "Well, then I'll just have to ask Zachary and Jacob (his older brothers). They "learned" me all I know about sports. They "learned" me how to keep score, and they "learned" me how to play basketball."

Well, there you go! I wondered who had "learned" him everything in his ripe old age of six years. It was so funny! I know I should have corrected his English, but it's just so much fun to listen to little ones sometimes, that you don't want to correct it right then. I'll correct it the next time....maybe. :)

Here's a question for you today: Who "learned" you all you know? Of course, I mean "taught"! In my junior high girls class Sunday morning, we talked about how the entertainment world will try to tell us to believe a certain way and try to shape the way we think. They target specific age groups to send a specific message. However, these messages are not usually centered on God or His Word. Not many of these messages tell about His Son, Jesus, do they?

In John 14:5-6, Jesus' disciple, Thomas, questioned him, "Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." In fact, in the New International Version, Jesus says, "I tell you the truth" 78 times!

It is my prayer that God's Word, the Bible, is your source for learning. It will tell you everything you need to know about becoming a child of God and living as one of His children. It is the only source of truth.

"Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true." Psalm 119:142

Have a great week!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover