Search This Blog


Friday, March 13, 2009

D.O.G.



Who do you depend on? Yourself? Others? D.O.G. is an acronym for DEPEND ON GOD! As Christians, we should depend on God and put our total trust in Him. The verse up above is one of my very favorite verses. I try to always keep this verse in my mind and on my heart, because too many times I begin to depend on myself. I wonder if this is because of my independent personality? Not that independence in itself is wrong, but it's the self-reliant attitude that can be wrong.

We must remember that nothing is too small or too big for God. God just wants us to depend on Him. Depending on God does not mean that everything will turn out great or the way we want it, but it does mean that with our dependence on Him, He can and will give us the strength and courage to face whatever comes along. It means we don't have to worry about the past, present, or the future because we know that He is in control and not us. God wants our dependence and trust to be in Him and not in ourselves, or in any other person, or in any earthly thing.

Dear God,
Please help me to depend on You and You alone. Thank you for the promise that if we put our trust in you with all of our heart You will make our paths straight.
In Jesus' Name

Amen

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover