Search This Blog


Sunday, March 28, 2010

ROSE - Reflecting Our Savior's Example

(*Note:  I just got an email from my mom asking me if I knew that my music list had "Animal Crackers" on it.  I didn't!  I know what happened, though.  Last week I decided to add music to our family recipe blog (Life's a Bowl of Cherries listed on my blog roll on the right side) and listened to "Animal Crackers", but decided not to use that song because of a few words.  But, by accident it posted to my "Shine Like Stars" blog.  So if you've noticed that and thought it "strange" for a devo blog, I'm very sorry.  It's off now!)

Isn't this pretty?  This was one of the centerpieces from the Waynoka church of Christ Ladies' Day I attended Saturday.  Actually, I got to bring this one home because I was priviledged to be the guest speaker for the event.

The theme for the day was ROSE - Reflecting Our Savior's Example. It was a great idea for a theme, don't you think? Here are a few of the scriptures that were used during the lesson.

As water reflects a face,
so a man's heart reflects the man.
Proverbs 27:19

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:11-13

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18

Have a great week!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover