Search This Blog


Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just Read It!

My son Jacob and I had an interesting conversation today. He said, "Mom, you know why I would rather read a book than see a movie?"  I said, "Why?"  He replied, "Because in a book you get to know how the person feels.  You can't know that from a movie."  We finished up that conversation talking about how that is true, but it led me to thinking about how it is also about the Bible
.
It's great to hear great sermons.  It's great to hear good Bible class lessons.  But, if we really want to come to know God and Jesus, we must read the Word for ourselves.  Since the Bible is God's inspired word, it would only make sense that we would come to know Him more by reading it, wouldn't it?

Just read it!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover