Search This Blog


Thursday, September 17, 2009

Think On These Things...

I don't agree with everything Joel Osteen believes and teaches, but I came across this quote from him, and found it to be quite true.  ( The "ALL CAPS" is done by me.)

"You can be committed to CHURCH but not committed to CHRIST, but you cannot be committed to CHRIST and not committed to CHURCH." - Joel Osteen

The passage below is often used with the husband/wife relationship and it should be, but read it here and pay close attention to what it says about Christ and the church.  The "bold" emphasis is added my me, of course.)

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her (her is referring to the church) holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."
What do you think?

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover