Search This Blog


Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Chronicles of Biscuit - A Special Thank You

The Chronicles of Biscuit: Stories about our youngest son, Tyler, whose nickname is Biscuit.

While I was in Oklahoma City last week, I called Biscuit to see how his day went.  He said that his class made something special for me that I would get when I got home.  I asked why and he said, "For everything you do."
Because I'm the PTO President - and have been for 13 years, the students think of me as the "party lady".  I enjoy the title and enjoy "treating" the students throughout the year, but I didn't and don't expect anything in return.  I get joy in doing that "job"so that's all I need - to make them feel special!
(Sweet and simple :).
But Biscuit said it was his idea that his class do something for me because of the pizza party they were having for winning a Box Top contest.  (Note:  I actually had helpers that day because I was out of town, but did have it organized before I left).  I was a little embarrassed that he - being my own son - suggested they make me something, but thought he was really sweet for saying that and getting something organized (showing leadership skills is something I enjoy seeing in my children - especially when it is doing something for someone else!)
(How creative!)
Yesterday Biscuit's teacher gave me the special thank you gift.  It was filled with sweet messages from each of the students.  I love it!!  What a sweet group of 4th graders!!
(Nice Pac Man reference!! Favorite childhood video game!)
Thank you, Mrs. Wolfe, Biscuit, and the rest of the 4th grade class for my special "Thank You"!!  You are each a blessing in my life!
(Thank you, Biscuit, for your sweet message and for organizing this whole thing! I found out this morning - after this post was written - that Biscuit "hired" someone to make his note!!!  I asked if he paid them.  Thankfully he didn't!  Later he said he only hired them to make the heart.  Ha ha!!)

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Nice to be remembered and appreciated!

 
Pin It button on image hover