Search This Blog


Tuesday, May 14, 2013

God's Frame

(One of my daughter's Senior pics)
The past two Saturdays I've had the wonderful opportunities to speak at women's events.  One was a Bible teacher's workshop and the other for a "Sweet Saturday" - a ladies' day event.  The "Sweet Saturday" had a special group of ladies that were in attendance.  It was several ladies who are living in a transition home for women who have previously been incarcerated.

I believe the lesson for Saturday was the hardest lesson I had ever prepared.  I needed to stay away from "Mother's Day" topics (which I'm sensitive about, anyway), but also needed to make sure it was a positive and inspirational message and not one that would cause bad memories or despairing thoughts.  God helped me with the lesson, giving me the right words to say at the right time to prepare them and write them down on paper.

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16

At the first Saturday's workshop, another lady spoke and I was able to attend her class.  She told about an illustration she had heard and it was so neat, so I used it this past Saturday as part of my lesson.  My daughter's picture above shows the illustration.

We are in God's frame.  He created us.  He knitted us together in the womb.  We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  He has your frame hung on his "family photo wall", you might say.  But, you know on some frames when you buy them there's no picture in them, just a blank page with the size and cost?  Or on a Facebook wall when it's just a silhouette because the person hasn't put a profile picture on there yet?  

When we're not a child of God, He still loves us.  He's waiting for us to make the decision to come to Him through His Son.  Your frame is on the wall, but there's no photo inside.  He's waiting for your photo!  But when we're a Christian, our photo is in the frame - hanging on His wall!  We're part of His family!

Just like old photos faded with time or photos are sometimes out of focus and blurry, our framed photo may become blurry as it's hanging on God's "family photo" wall.  Sometimes we need to have a retake like they do on school pictures.  We need a new, updated, fresh photo....one that's more clear and more crisp.  Sometimes we have to refocus our lives and get back on track with God.  That's okay.  His grace is sufficient.

What do you look like?  What photo of you is in God's frame?  He wants your photo on His "family wall".  He has had your frame there since the beginning of your life - in the womb.  Is He waiting on your photo?  Is He needing an updated and more clearly focused photo?

Reread Psalm 139:13-16.  Dwell on it today.  I love those scriptures, don't you?  What an awesome God we have to live for and to serve!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, I love that too! Reminds me of that saying about if God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it!

 
Pin It button on image hover