Search This Blog


Saturday, September 1, 2012

Peace that Passes Understanding

This morning my husband and oldest son left early to join a few other family members for a golf game. I got up around 7:30 a.m. and began cleaning house and doing laundry.  The other three children are still sleeping so it iss really quiet - except for the chirping cricket (Grrrr!  I'm gonna find him as soon as I finish this post! :) and the dryer running.

As I have cleaned this morning, I've been thinking about the quietness.  I noticed that there is a calmness.....the feeling of knowing that the three that are here with me are sleeping...instead of being gone.  Some of my family is still here, even though a few are gone.

Of course, like most moms,  I enjoy the times of no one in the house for a little while.  It's rare, and I'm glad.  It's nice to clean up and straighten without it being messed up and cluttered as I go, but when my whole family is gone from home, there is a hole.  Something important is missing.  Several "somebodies" that are important are gone. There is a big space in the home and my heart that is empty knowing they are away.

But not this morning knowing they're here with me.  There's a sense of peace.

Why is it that when we're alone - really alone - that we don't realize that we are never truly really alone?  Why don't we realize that God is always with us?  That we should have that same peace of knowing God is with us when we're physically alone?  I don't think that it's that we don't believe Him when He says He is always with us.  I think we want to have that peace.  I just think we can't comprehend with our human minds just what that really means.  We can't comprehend what a great and awesome God He really is!

By prayer and meditating on God's Word, we can come to know God in a way that will bring that inner peace....the peace of knowing we are never, ever truly alone.  We can feel calmness knowing that all is well because He is there.

What an AWESOME, AWESOME GOD we serve!!!

Now, it's back to more cleaning.....laundry.....and finding that chirping, annoying cricket (that God made :)....!!!

Happy Saturday!

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover