Search This Blog


Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Love Letters

Yesterday I was going through boxes of old treasures....things from my years in school.  I opened up a box marked, "DO NOT THROW AWAY", knowing exactly what was inside.  Many, many letters my husband had written me over our two year and ten month courtship.  Lots of memories in those old letters!

I had told our children I had the letters, but they had never seen them.  I think they were a little shocked to see how many handwritten notes their dad had taken the time to write all of those years ago!  They enjoyed seeing them and the other treasures I pulled out from boxes.

Love letters......from someone who loves me and who I love.  They're special and always will be.  Treasures for sure.

The Bible is God's love letter to us, but I wonder:  Am I just as excited to open it up and read the words He has written to me?  Am I just as eager to show His Word to others as I am to show the old love letters to my children?

I would say yes....most of the time I am.  But sometimes I'm not.  Sometimes I'm negligent and sometimes I don't recognize the treasure that it truly is.....a book with thousands of promises to be claimed - by ME and by YOU!  A book with the story of Good News that enables us to become one of God's children!  A book that has withstood the test of time and whose words can heal and mend the brokenhearted.  A book like no other.  Letters like no other.  Love letters from a Heavenly Father who loves us more than we could ever imagine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good lesson and so encouraging to renew our faith and zeal for sharing God's Word.

 
Pin It button on image hover