Search This Blog


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Feeling a Little Unraveled?


This WAS a cute little gingerbread man rug that went in my kitchen.  Unfortunately, I threw it into the washing machine without reading the tag first, which said, "Spot Clean Only"!  So, this is what it looked like when it came out.  I had to laugh because it looked like I felt at the time - a little unraveled!

It's really hard to believe it's already December 1st.  Where has this school year gone???  The days go by so quickly that a whole month has gone by before we even realize it.  It's easy to get stressed out and unraveled in our fast-paced world.

Usually I'm not easily stressed, but on occassion I am.  I can tell it when I am because I get a headache at the back of my head towards the neck.  However, since I've turned 40 I have noticed that things don't get to me as much - even times that typically might have caused me stress.

I've thought about that lately and wondered why turning 40 made a difference?  I think that maybe it's because I've (finally) matured enough to realized so many things I might have gotten stressed about before, really don't matter at all.  If everything is not just "so-so", what does it matter?  Things do not have to be perfect.  I can do my best and that's all.  If I've got a list of things to do one day and at the end of the day one or two of those things aren't done - it's okay.  There is always tomorrow unless Jesus comes back and if He does - then those "things" won't matter anyway!

Christmas time brings stress to people in many ways, but often times it's self-imposed stress.  I was going to give you some wise tips on how to make it less stressful, but everything I began to write, I realized I do myself.  SO, I just decided there was one thing we all should do and that one thing will make everything else easier during this time:  PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!! 

Ask God to help you as you plan your day.  Ask for His guidance as you buy gifts for family and friends.  Ask for wisdom to make good decisions on managing your time wisely during this time. Ask for Him to bless you with the strength to not get so caught up in the "things" of Christmas you forget about Him and His Son, Jesus.

Just as being "unraveled" is not becoming on my gingerbread rug, an "unraveled" Christian is not becoming, either.  Give your stresses to God.  He can handle everything!  Trust in Him to do what He says He will do!

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
 
Pin It button on image hover