Search This Blog


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Each year as part of a Dr. Seuss' birthday celebration, our elementary school uses the book "Oh, the Places You'll Go" as a theme.  Different volunteers teach about one of our 50 states as part of the celebration.  Last year I chose the state of Indiana.  This postmark was one of the neat things I found about the state.  There is a town called Santa Claus, and there's a huge Santa in front of the post office building.  Also, every year people from all over the world send their Christmas cards to Santa Claus to get the special Christmas postmark.  If you are interested in how to get the postmark for your Christmas cards in the future, just "Google" Santa Claus, Indiana post mark.

In October, when I went to Indiana for the FFA National Convention, I saw the exit sign along the highway for Santa Claus.  I would have liked to go there and visit, but we were on a schedule...and it wasn't mine!  It reminded me of the postmark and so I decided to send our cards there this year.  Of course, I mailed a few cards back to myself so I would see what the postmark looked like.

This year I didn't use a traditional "dressy dress" for our Christmas card, but a picture of the kids from the end of summer.  This is one of my favorite pictures of all of them together.  If I had waited for a more "Christmasy" looking picture, this one from last week's elementary Christmas party would have been the one!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I did notice the postmark! Cool!

 
Pin It button on image hover