Search This Blog


Tuesday, December 15, 2009

EVERYTHING

Tonight as I sat down to write this "Gratituesday" blog post, I quickly searched through my blog roll to see if there were any new updates. After reading THIS new post from Trey Morgan, I couldn't help but say that today I am thankful for EVERYTHING.

Sometimes I get caught up in the busyness of life. At this time of year there are parties, programs, and other Christmas-time functions. There are presents to buy, presents to wrap, and things to decorate. There are deadlines to meet and bills to pay. Plus kids' school activities. Everything comes fast and furious all year long, but seems to come head-on in December.

If you clicked on the link above, you will see why I am grateful for EVERYTHING. Unlike the people Trey talks about in his blog, I don't have to worry about where my families' next meal is coming from or if there will be a meal. I don't have to worry about whether my family will have shelter during the night. I know that I have plenty of clean clothes in my drawers and in my closet. They probably do not have that luxury.

I am grateful for EVERYTHING because God has blessed me so abundantly. And, because of that abundance, I want to do what I can to reach out and help the people of Honduras and all over the world who are in need.

Thank you, God, for EVERYTHING!

Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

"But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand."
1 Chronicles 29:13-14

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, you are right. The one trip we got to take to Honduras was much like that...unforgettable!

 
Pin It button on image hover