Search This Blog


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - "Cool! Great!"

Sunday we drove to Altus to worship with my parents and my sister and her family.  Our niece and her husband (on my husband's side of the family) also worship at that same congregation and he is going to be the new youth minister there beginning in January.   As I took Biscuit down the stairs for Bible class, I was telling Biscuit that Daniel was going to be the new youth minister.  Biscuit said, "Cool!  Great!  I don't have a clue what that is, but it sounds really good!"  I could hardly contain my laughter!

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had the same positive and optimistic attitude as children do?  Not that they all do all of the time, but for the most part they tend to be more positive and optimistic than adults.  Biscuit didn't have a clue what a youth minister was, but he could tell by my attitude as I told him about it that I thought it was a good thing.  He was happy for Daniel not even understanding what it was for.

As 2009 draws to an end, take the time to think about your attitude.  Is it positive and optimistic?  Or is it negative and pessimistic?  I'm sure we can all plan to have better attitudes in 2010.  God will help us if we ask Him to.

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. 
Ephesians 4:22-24

1 comment:

A.Marie said...

I need to be more optimistic in the New Year! :)

 
Pin It button on image hover