Search This Blog


Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Chronicles of Biscuit - Choices

The Chronicles of Biscuit - Stories about our youngest son, Tyler, whose nickname is Biscuit.

Last night I was making homemade pizza for Biscuit, Lauren, and I.  I asked Biscuit if he wanted cheese, pepperoni, or beef pizza.  He replied, "I want pepperoni, but I would rather have cheese."  So, I asked again, but left out beef.  I asked, "So, do you want pepperoni or cheese?"  Again, Biscuit answered, "Mom, I said I want pepperoni, but I would rather have cheese."  I explained to Biscuit that I knew perfectly well what he said, but that it didn't make sense.  He just looked at me like I was crazy and like I was the one who had the problem with the pizza selection!

Sometimes in our life, with the choices we are faced with, we kind of sound like Biscuit.  We may say, "Well, I want to do this one thing, but I would rather do this other thing."  In other words, (not referring to pizza being right or wrong, of course!) maybe we know that this one thing is the better choice as a Christian, but maybe we want to do this other thing that maybe isn't as good of a choice for our Christian walk.

Choices are hard!  Some choices are trivial - like pizza preference - but others can have lasting and life-long consequences.  Some affect only us.  Some affect others, too.  Some even affect future generations.

So, how do we know what is the best choice?  How can we make more sense of a situation and the choices we have to make in each of those situations?  Biscuit ended up getting both kinds of pizza - well, all three choices in the end, but he didn't even realize that what he was saying didn't make sense!  It seemed clear as a bell to him!

Our choices may seem impossible to deal with, but God's written word can help in those situations.  We can look to the Bible for answers.  There's nothing new under the sun.

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 1:9

2 comments:

joe said...

as usual great job jbwaugh

Wa Wa Waughs said...

what? A comment from Joe?

 
Pin It button on image hover