Search This Blog


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chips and Boulders

I'm sure you've heard the saying about someone having a "chip on their shoulder".  By definition, it describes people "who nurse a grudge or grievance which readily provokes fury or disputation". 

In reality we would think of someone who is feeling sorry for themselves or someone who seems to be mad at the world.  These kinds of people aren't fun to be around.  Instead of lighting up a room when the enter it, they dim it.  Instead of being a "breath of fresh air" to the lives of others, they suck all of the air out. 

Eventually, if a chip is left too long, it becomes a boulder on the shoulder.  The weight of the boulder gets heavier and heavier the longer it stays.  While it was a chip and was smaller, it would have been easier to manage or knock off.  So, what can you and I do if we first recognize that we have a chip on our shoulder?

  We can quit looking at our shoulder.  We can quit looking at the chip.  We can quit looking inward.
Instead, we have to look upward.  We have to look to God. We must pray to God. 
He'll help us knock that chip off the shoulder!

We can C.H.I.P: 
Can Hurry Into Prayer

I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
Psalm 17:6

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover