Search This Blog


Thursday, August 12, 2010

Grandma's Pride

Raise your hand if you've ever had a problem with pride.  Yep.  That's what I thought.  And, I have, too. 

We probably all have had problems with pride at some time in our life.  But, with pride, as with every other sin, the first step to forgiveness for the sin is admitting the sin, and then confessing the sin. 

Such is the case when my mom, and "Grandma" to our four children, sent me the following email today. It's referring to early last week when the three boys stayed at my parents house for a few days.

Via email to me from my mom, "Grandma":
I thought you might enjoy this story---actually it’s my admission of being “prideful.” I’ve thought about this ever since the boys were here---that: “Pride Goeth before the Fall.” I finally confessed to Larry last night on the way to church.

My confession was the reason why my back has really been hurting since last Tuesday night.

When Tyler (Note: My youngest son)and I were playing ball, he told me before I batted----- “Grandma, I don’t mean this bad, but you’re probably not going to hit the ball as good as I did.”

Well, prideful Grandma decided that I would just show him—I swung and hit the ball as hard as I could, not once but several times. I even got to where I could drop my right arm and swing with the left arm and the ball would go even further. Tyler grinned when I hit it each time. I was so proud of myself.

By Friday, my back was not in good shape!!!!!!

I knew why, too. The saying about pride comes to mind every time I think of that story and my hurting back!!!!!!!!

Larry (Note: my dad) laughed when I told him that---I do, too, when I think about it.

I’ll have to remember this story for Tyler.
 
(The end of the email.)
 
I want to make sure you all realize that this post is used with permission.  I wouldn't have confessed Grandma's pride without asking first!
 
What are you needing to confess?
 
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover