Search This Blog


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday's Woman of the Word - Ruth (by Lauren)

This post was written by Lauren, my 15 year old daughter.  I asked her to guest post for me.

So many times, young people say, "Do I have to?" or "Why do I have to do that?" In Ruth 3:5, Ruth says to Naomi, "I will do whatever you say." Ruth was willing to do whatever she had to. She did not ask "Why?" or "Do I have to?", but she just did it. Sometimes, we need to just do it. If our parents ask us to do something, we should be able to say "Yes Ma'am" or "Yes Sir". We don't always get what we want, and we don't always have the option to do something or not, but as followers of Christ, we should say, "I will do whatever you say!".................. (Please read the first comment below) 
                                                                                                 

3 comments:

Lori said...

This is Lauren. (Lori's daughter) And I wrote this post. And since I never read her blogs, I took some time to look over my mom's other posts. I read some about me, and I just want everyone to know, that teenage girls sometimes say thing they shouldn't, and they don't know how to take it back. I don't like saying things to my mom that make her mad, because I don't know how to tell her that she's right and I am wrong. But I do love my mom, and always will! ~lauren~

Lori said...

Lauren -
Parents make mistakes, too. I know for certain I do.

Thank you for doing this guest post. You did a great job and I look forward to you doing it more and more.

I love you and your dad and I are very proud of you. God is doing great things in your life and I am confident that He will continue to do so.

Thank you,
Mom

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Great job, Lauren!

 
Pin It button on image hover