Search This Blog


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Borrowing


I'm borrowing tonight. Yep, I'm borrowing my post from our family recipe blog and letting it do double-duty and be my post for "Shine" tonight.  With VBS going on this week, I'm just too tired to "think".  I'm sure you understand.  I think you'll enjoy this recipe for these cute little sheep cupcakes.

From "Life's a Bowl of Cherries":
First of all, I must admit that my sheep cupcake has some flaws. I used a chocolate cake mix instead of a white cake mix because that's what I had in the pantry. SOOOO, there are a few crumbs in sight as you can tell by this picture! But, the real reason there are crumbs is because this little sheep was made as a sample and trial run for tomorrow.

This week is VBS and tomorrow my 1st and 2nd grader class are learning about God, the Shepherd and studying about Psalm 23. Their snack craft will be these cute little sheep. I made this one just to see how it would look. I didn't want to use up ingredients trying to make him perfect (There's a lesson there: Sheep aren't perfect. People aren't perfect. But, sheep cupcakes are sweet. We should be sweet, too :). I can't wait to see what the VBS children's sheep look like! I'm pretty sure theirs aren't going to be perfect, either!

CUPCAKE SHEEP

1 cake mix (white is best, but any kind will work.)
Homemade buttercream or store-bought vanilla icing
Large marshmallows
Small marshmallows
Mini chocolate chips

Mix cake mix according to package directions and bake into 24 cupcakes. Allow them to cool completely.)

Ice cupcakes with a thin layer. Put a small mound of icing in the center. Cut mini marshmallows in half. Arrange them in two circles around the edge of the cupcake. Cut one large cupcake in half. In one half, using a toothpick (use a twisting motion), make two holes for eyes and one hole for a nose. Place the half with the holes on the icing mound, making the face. Cut the other marshmallow in half and place next to each side of the face, making ears. Cut a few more small marshmallows in half and place them behind and on top of the little sheep's head.

BAA! BAA!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

very cute! I would have to disassemble him to eat, tho...not a big marshmellow fan! LOL

 
Pin It button on image hover