Search This Blog


Wednesday, February 5, 2014

So Far Away....Yet So Close

I was thinking about so many people that have moved from our small town recently, all of them had been part of our church family.  The thought of them being "gone" is unpleasant. I don't really like to think about it at all.  We miss them all so much!

But, I was thinking about how I still see posts and pictures from all who have moved.  They're on Facebook, and as often as they update their posts...or as often as they post new pictures....I can keep up with them.  If I didn't know they had moved, I wouldn't know they had moved!  It's like they're really here, but I won't see them at school or at worship any more.  Kind of nice that they can still feel close, but kind of strange, too.  They're far away, yet so close. Of course, that's easy for me to say, since I'm not the one who packed up and moved away.

Many see God as far away.  And, in a sense, I suppose He is. I don't know how far Heaven is.  You probably don't, either.  But, we all know that God is very near. He's in the wind. He's in the sunshine, the rain, the storms, the mountains.  He made all of those things, so He is part of those things. He's in our hearts, as Christians. He's in the Word....the Bible, His inspired words.  He's in our prayers and our songs of praise.  He's far away, yet so close.

We can know Him.  We can intimately know Him. We can "meet" with Him each and every day.  He wants us to be with Him. He wants to be with us, too.

Hello, God.  It's good to be with you!

 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. James 4:8a


No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover