Search This Blog


Saturday, October 19, 2013

Happy 40th Anniversary, Mom & Dad!

Forty years ago this past July, my parents began dating.  Just three months later, they said, "I Do!"  A quick engagement!  That doesn't happen often (if at all) any more!!

They had known of each other in high school and went to college together, but had never dated.
A few years later, Mom was teaching at the time.  Dad was a farmer in his hometown, about 25 miles from her.  She moved to that small town to become a farmers' wife, continuing her teaching job.
The best part about them (for me, anyway!) getting married, was that it was a package deal.  Not only did my Dad become a husband that day.  He also became my Dad!  I was four then. The "Dad" deal was made official soon afterward, and I thank God for that!  

Thirteen months later, we added one more to our family with the birth of my sister. 

We should have taken more pictures while we were all together last weekend, but we didn't.  So, here are a few pictures of my sister and I with Mom and Dad from a few years ago.  They're just pictures of photos in frames, so not very clear.  
Surprise birthday trip with Mom.

Surprise birthday trip with Dad.

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad! We all love you!




1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You're a lucky girl! Congrats to D & L on this milestone!

 
Pin It button on image hover