Search This Blog


Sunday, April 21, 2013

Parenting: Thoughts about Instagram

Now that my children's schedules are crazy, as it is every spring towards the end of school, my blogging schedule is crazy, too!

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving before the sun comes up for a golf tournaments.  In fact, in the past few weeks, I've done that several time, and that is not my normal schedule!  But, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  What a blessing to be able to watch my children in their activities.  I'm blessed to be a stay-at-home mom!

So, I'll wait and write the next "Who's in Charge?" post Tuesday.  We'll continue looking at the way the church was set up according to God's Word.  Thank you for all of the comments about the other "Who's in Charge?" posts.  I appreciate your input and encouragement via post messages, emails, and Facebook messages.

For today, I want to share a link with you that is about parenting - specifically parenting teens/children and the dangers of social media.  Social media is not all bad.  But it can be.  Parents must be pro-active in protecting and instructing their children.

This blog post link will talk about some of the problems with Instagram.  Just like the post I did on Snapchat a few months ago, this post is just what CAN happen.  However, I see it every day.  Mostly from young girls. They are seeking attention.....looking for their 'identity' by the popularity of their pictures.  Each and every day, just as the author suggests.

Please take the time to read it.  Here's the link:  http://taylorandsarahbrooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/parents-word-about-instagram.html

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover