Search This Blog


Monday, April 15, 2013

2nd Annual Spring Cookout

(Note:  I will resume the "Who's in Charge?" posts tomorrow!)
What a great evening for our annual cook out!  Last night was beautiful - with no wind and great temperatures!  Perfect for our church family to gather together after evening worship.
We had lots of great smoked meats - prepared by a few of the men.  I'm sparing you the picture of the whole pig that was served - and laying out on the table.  Everyone loves the meat, but I can't even look at him!!  Later on my husband actually brought the pig head to me - to torture me.  That wasn't very nice, was it??!!  Ha ha!  My brother-in-law said I needed to face my fears.  I don't think so!!
We had a huge group for worship and the picnic afterwards.  Most of us had ordered matching shirts with the message "On the Move" printed across the front.  We should be a church that is "On the Move"! "On the Move" doing what God asked us to do!
You may remember all of the shower decorations I've posted in the past.  Here are the babies that the showers were honoring!  This picture is missing one or two babies, but what fun having them in our midst! 
Apparently there was a fierce ping pong competition going on between these two!  I hear that my nephew won.  He looks intense in this picture, for sure!!
Lots of people enjoyed playing the 9-square game.  It's always very popular between young and old.
The best part of the evening was the fellowship with one another - getting to know each other better.  It is great to be part of a growing Christian family.  That's not always common in a small community, but it sure is here!  We're excited about being "On the Move" for God in 2013!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, those two at the end are sweet! Looks like a great time!

 
Pin It button on image hover