Search This Blog


Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Where Was God?

My heart aches for those in Connecticut who loved ones.  My thoughts and prayers are joined by millions of others all across our nation, as well as those from all over the world.

One thing has saddened me during these past few days.  That is that Christians have tried to minimize God.  Many say He isn't there.  Or isn't here.  Many say that the absence of visual things with spiritual meaning get rid of God.  They don't.  They can't.  Yes, Christianity is being attacked.  Jesus said we would be persecuted.  But why do we believe that God will go away?  Why do we believe that any person has power over God?  As one friend stated last night, "I bet the sovereign Lord would be quite amused to hear He'd been 'taken out' of anything."  I'm pretty sure He knows, but I'm pretty sure He isn't amused.....just sad.  His people are saying that He isn't who He says He is - and many of them are sharing that idea with a hurting world - a world who needs Him and needs to know He is there for them and loves them - in good times and in bad times.

Think about it.

Last night I was discussing this whole, "Where Was God?" thing with my husband.  Here's his response I posted on Facebook, with a few of my thoughts added at the end:

My husband and I were discussing the shooting in CT yesterday and I was telling him of how some believe and say that God wasn't there. He gave a good illustration and thought about the question some ask, "Where was God?". "The answer? He was at the same place he was when His Only Son died on the cross. Right there. He is and will always be "right there". It may not make sense to us. It may not seem right to us. Satan is called the "prince" of the world. The world isn't perfect - never has been and never will be. Heaven is perfect. That's the home we should long for - and not a perfect earth." Satan is the cause of all evil. God wants us to believe and have faith in Him in the good times and the bad times. We must fight against Satan with the "full armor", but realize God isn't ever leaving our side. It's not the absence of God, but the presence of Satan that produces evil. 

Christians, we MUST believe that God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. If we don't believe it, how can we share it?


Righteous are you, O Lord,
The statutes you have laid down are righteous;
they are fully trustworthy,
and your laws are right.
My zeal wears me out,
for my enemies ignore your words.
Your promises have been thoroughly tested,
and your servant loves them.
Though I am lowly and despised, 
 I do not forget your precepts.
Your righteousness is everlasting  
and your law is true.
Trouble and distress have come upon me,
but your commands are my delight.
Your statutes are forever right;
give me understanding that I may live.
Psalm 119:137-144

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

It is hard stuff to deal with but God IS there through the good and bad!

 
Pin It button on image hover