Search This Blog


Monday, December 10, 2012

Soups and Carols

Last night, after evening worship, the youth group and their parents treated the congregation to "Soups and Carols".  It was a fun evening of food and fellowship.
When asked to decorate for the event, I was encouraged to pick a color theme.  For this year, I chose red and green.  Simple. Easy. Christmasy.
To me, nothing says "party" like things hanging from the ceiling.  I found red/green/lime green/white polka dotted napkins at Hobby Lobby, and those became the color scheme.  The next week, standing on the party aisle at Hobby Lobby, I saw these matching plates.  They were 50% off, and seemed like the perfect addition to the celebration. 
I'll share directions for these hanging decorations on "Life's a Bowl of Cherries". Look for the link on the right side of my "Shine Like Stars" home page.
The youth group served everyone during the evening.  They had options of chili or cheesy chicken tortilla soup, plus cornbread and desserts.
Everyone seemed to have a great time!
The man who had cleaned the building and taken care of the yard for 25 plus years was retiring.  He was honored during the evening.  Thank you for your service, Mr. Carey!
The teens sang Christmas carols.  I think they had as much fun doing it as the rest of us had listening to them!
Not sure my son is singing....or just laughing!  
What a great evening for all ages!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Looks like you packed the house!

 
Pin It button on image hover