Search This Blog


Wednesday, May 23, 2012

IF

IF - A little word with a great BIG meaning......

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 
2 Chronicles 7:14
And what IF His people don't humble themselves, pray, seek his face and turn from their wicked ways?  Will he not forgive their sin and not heal their land?  


But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and theblood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
1 John 1:7
But what IF we don't walk in the light?  Will we not have fellowship with each other and will we not have His blood purify our sin? 


If you love me, you will obey what I command."
John 14:15


And what IF I don't obey His commandments?  Will He still know that I love Him? 


If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
But what if we don't confess our sins?  Will He forgive us?


If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right.
James 2:8
But how am I doing if I don't love my neighbor as myself?



For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:5-11


But what if I don't possess these qualities ?  What if I don't do these things?

Yes.....IF is a very big word when it comes to our spiritual lives.  

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, it's clear we are also responsible!

 
Pin It button on image hover