Search This Blog


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Chronicles of Biscuit - The New Deal

The Chronicles of Biscuit - Stories about our youngest son, Tyler, whose nickname is Biscuit.

It's not often any more that I get two "Biscuit" stories in a week, but this week it has happened! 

Tonight Biscuit came to me and asked if he could make a "deal" with me.  I said, "Possibly.  What's the deal." 

Biscuit: Well, I was thinking.....what if for one whole month I didn't complain, didn't argue, and didn't have any negativady (he's pronunciation of negativity) and then, you give me a prize at the end.....except I might mess up two times each month. 

Me:  What's the prize?

Biscuit:  Clothes....like a polo or something like that.

Me:  (Well, it is a season change and most likely I will be buying him a few things, so it's not going to be anything out of the norm, where typically we don't bribe our kids to be good.)  Go ask your dad and see what he thinks.

Biscuit comes back:  Dad said yes, but he's the judge.

Me:  Well, I need to be the judge, too, since I'm home with you more.

Biscuit: (Goes and talks to my husband again.)  Okay.  Dad said that's good.  And so at the end of the month I get a prize and I can mess up just two times.

Me:  Okay.

Biscuit holding out his hand to shake mine:  It's a deal!

Later on:

Biscuit:  Mom, can we start my deal tonight?  

Me:  No Biscuit, you already messed up this afternoon by complaining, remember? 

Biscuit:  Oh, yeah.  Tomorrow then.

*So, now we'll wait and see...... :)  Will Biscuit live up to his "only 2 times messing up in a month"?  I'm not sure.  But what I do know is that I'm proud of him for at least trying to improve in the complaining and arguing and "negativady" areas.  Imagine a world where everyone tried to improve in those areas.  It would be a lot different, wouldn't it?  All I can do is start with ME!  All you can do is start with YOU!

Good job, Biscuit!  I'm proud of you!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover