Search This Blog


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Difference Between Men and Women

I'm sure the title of this post is no surprise to anyone, but this is such a true description of the differences that I just had to share it with you!

It's from Alan Smith's Thought for the Day and used with previous permission.

The Difference Between Men and Women

Haircuts -
* Women's Version: *

Woman 2: Oh! You got a haircut! That's so cuuuuute!

Woman 1: Do you think so? I wasn't sure when she gave me the mirror. I mean, you don't think it's too fluffy looking?

Woman 2: Oh no, it's perfect! I'd love to get my hair cut like that, but I think my face is too wide. I'm pretty much stuck with this style, I think.

Woman 1: Are you serious? I think your face is adorable. And you could easily get one of those layer cuts - that would look so cute on you. I was actually going to do that except that I was afraid it would accent my long neck.

Woman 2: Oh, now that's funny! I would love to have your neck! Anything to take attention away from this two-by-four I have for a shoulder line.

Woman 1: Are you kidding? I know girls that would love to have your shoulders. Everything drapes so well on you. I mean, look at my arms - see how short they are? If I had your shoulders I could get clothes to fit me so much easier.

Woman 2: Do you think so? Oh, you're just saying that!

Woman 1: No! Really, I mean it...


* Men's Version: *

Man 2: Haircut?

Man 1: Umm hmm.

In case you haven't noticed, men and women truly are different. We think differently, we relate to one another differently, we express our emotions differently. It is those differences that often are the source of conflict in marriages (she wants to talk things out right now, he wants to sit and think about it without saying a word). Yet, ironically, it is those same differences that cause me to appreciate my wife. I admire the differences in her (when they aren't irritating me :-) , and I'm well aware that being married to someone just like me would be absolutely horrible.

All this is to say that God obviously knew what he was doing when he created men and women. Eve truly was "suitable" for Adam as a mate (Gen. 2:18).

The differences require a bit more patience and understanding on our part at times, but it's well worth it!

"Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered." (I Peter 3:7)

Give thanks to God for your mate today, in spite of (no, because of) the differences between you.

Have a great day!

Alan Smith

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover