Search This Blog


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

IN THE BEGINNING GOD....

My youngest son, Tyler, and I were driving from our hotel in Oklahoma City on Satuday.  We were heading to the Oklahoma State Fair.  As we went along the road I saw a billboard that read, "Don't Believe in God? Join the club.", then gave a website address.  The statement shocked me, but then I thought to myself, "surely the website would be a good thing....somthing actually trying to show others about God."

I didn't say a word, but Tyler, who is 7 years old, saw the billboard. He instantly said, "Who would want to do that?"  I asked him if he saw the billboard and he said yes.  I told him it was probably a sign making it "look" like it was against God, but that the website might be an actual good website telling others about God and Jesus.  I was wrong.  It's not promoting God and Jesus at all.  In fact, it's very much against everything the Bible teaches.

A little further down the road, Tyler and I saw another billboard.  It had a cross and a person on the cross.  That billboard said, "JESUS DIED FOR YOU!".  Tyler said, "I like that sign."  Yes, that billboard was much better, and I am grateful for the group that is responsible for that billboard....so close to the one that is against God.

The first verse in the Bible says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."  Genesis 1:1.  It's the simplest of verses, but seems to be so difficult for so many people.  There's a saying that says this:  "God said it.  I believe it.  That settles it."  That saying is okay, but you know what?  I think the saying should be this:  "God said.  That settles it."  It doesn't matter if the world chooses to believe His Word or not - it still settles it still!  It's a choice to believe it, but not believing  it doesn't change the fact that God is the creator of all things.  No billboard can take that away!

On this GRATITUESDAY, I am grateful for God, for His Son, Jesus - who died for all people - and for the Bible.  I am grateful for Jesus' birth and His life.  I'm grateful for  the Gospel - the death, the burial, and the resurrection of Jesus...and the salvation that it gives God's people.

I am also grateful that no billboard can take away the fact that God is over all.  He is even over Satan. 

There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 
Ephesians 4:4-6

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, I had heard about that. Satan is alive right here in OKC!

 
Pin It button on image hover