Search This Blog


Monday, July 12, 2010

Power Boil

There's a neat feature on my new stove top.  It's called "power boil" and it's on the back left burner.  When I need to boil anything - it's great.  However, there's a down side to the "power boil" burner and that's when I forget that it is a "power boil" burner.  I've burnt several things forgetting just how hot that burner gets.  I'll get use to it, but it's going to take some time.

Some people seem to have a "power boil" setting.  Their internal temperature goes up at even the slightest hint of something not going their way.  As a young adult, I think I may have had a little bit of the "power boil" setting in me.  Thankfully God - with His Spirit - has worked in my life to teach me through the example of His Son, as well as through His inspired word, that the "power boil" setting isn't very becoming to someone trying to live a Christian life and set a Christian example.  I am grateful for God working in my life and getting rid of the "power boil" setting.

Another setting on the new stove top is "melt".  This is a small burner with the word "melt" just below the lowest temperature setting.  I used it today to melt butter for an icing recipe.  This "melt" setting just slowly melts whatever is in the pan.  It won't burn anything.  It won't scorch anything.  It just gently warms up the ingredient.  I think that's the setting that might be best for a Christian and here's why:  Suppose I come across someone with a cold, hard heart.  If I speak to this person with love, I can "melt" that cold, hard heart.  My "melt" setting would be just enough to help the hard heart, but would also warm the hearts of others I came in contact with each day.  I pray that God will continue to work in my life so that I may be that "melt" setting to others who need that warmth and love.

This post is linked to Gratituesday.  To see what others are grateful for, visit Heavenly Homemakers.



1 comment:

Paula Harrington said...

Good post. I've had those moments of "power boil" myself. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved your story about camp. Thanks for sharing.

 
Pin It button on image hover