Search This Blog


Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Walk a little slower, Daddy!"

This is one of my favorite poems. When our oldest three children were little, we gave this poem to my husband for Father's Day with their footprints all around it. It hung in his office for several years.

"Walk a little slower daddy,"
said a child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps
and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."
author unknown

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover