Search This Blog


Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Chronicles of Biscuit - More Lessons from the Baseball Field


More Lessons from the baseball field...
Last night Biscuit played pitcher for his tee ball team. He made a double play, getting two outs. My mom got to the game a little late, so after the game, Biscuit asked her, "Grandma, did you see my double play?". Grandma said, "Was it at the first of the game?" Biscuit said, "I don't know. I didn't even know I did it!" Apparently one of his siblings had told him he had made a double play, but he didn't even realize what he had done! Biscuit's team won their first game, after loosing the first four. A few of them realized that they had won, but they were all still more excited about what their snacks were after the game.

Lesson #1 (repeat from this post): "Become as children".

One night last week, Biscuit and his teammates were throwing the ball back and forth, waiting for another game to end and theirs to start. After a while, my husband and I noticed one of the players over with his grandma and a few coaches. His nose was bleeding. I said to my husband, "I hope Biscuit didn't do that!". I turned around to go that way and check it out. Biscuit came right up to me immediately and said, "I didn't do it!" with his hands up in the air...just like someone would who was being arrested (or as Biscuit would call it, "under-under-arrested"). I suppose he knew where I was headed, and he wanted to make sure I knew that he had nothing to do with it! Just in case (as a mom, that's my job!), I asked his coach if Biscuit did anything, and thankfully, he hadn't. If he had, though, I wonder if he would have been standing there ready to admit it as I turned around to go check it out???? I'm thinking "no", but hopefully if he had done it, and I asked him about it, he would have admitted it.

Lesson #2 "If you mess up, 'fess up!"

As a mom, one of my "pet peeves" is if I ask my four children (one of many examples of this occurance), "Who left the Bandaid trash in the bathroom floor?" Immediately I hear, "I didn't!", "It wasn't me!". My response is always, "I didn't ask who "DIDN'T" do it, I asked who "did" do it! Funny, though, if one of them knows who did the "crime", the "informant" is sure quick to rat on the offender!!

None of us like to admit we've done something wrong, do we? But, whether children or adults, it's good for us to be able to say, "I messed up." or "I did something wrong." If we can't say it to each other, will we be just as hesitant to admit our sins to God?
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives." 1 John 1:8-10

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover